Sarge installation - want to install testing but always have unstable

Hello,

It's been a week since I'm trying to install the testing distribution, and everytime I have "unstable" in the sources.list when I add a CD. I read the installation manual downloaded from http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/installmanual and can't find where my mistake is.

I tested others CDs sets :
- http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/cd-images/debian-weekly/i386/ => Debian GNU/Linux testing "Sarge" - Official Snapshot i386 Binary-1 CD (15 CDs)
 - the same set but 2 monthes after
 - the netinst ISO
- http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/cd/rc2/ => downloaded with jigdo, only the first CD - Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 r2 "Woody" - Official i386 Binary-1 CD (7 CDs and 1 update CD)

For example with the first CD downloaded from http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/cd/rc2/ when the install is over, I login, cat /etc/apt/sources.list and find : Debian GNU/Linux testing _Sarge_ - Official Snapshot i386 Binary-1 CD (20041104) unstable main contrib This time I used the standard boot method (just pressed [ENTER] at the boot prompt), but previously I tried "linux26", "expert", and "expert26"... same thing. I usualy select the graphical desktop environement, web server, and database server tasks with no individual packages selection.

I searched the Debian Reference manual and the apt HOWTO, but didn't find where I do something wrong. Could someone give me a hint ? Is there a file where I can check which distribution is installed ? (/etc/apt/preferences doesn't exist)

Regards.
Jean Coiron