mounting sony/canon_memory-stick

hi folks,

gphoto2 has no 'clue'  for sony dsc-p52 *normal*.

so i decided to try ro load upo the photo's my youngest daughter made on this device on another way

as root i did:     mkdir /mnt/camera.

as root i made a line in /etc/fstab like: /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera vfat ro,user, noauto 0 0. and see: everything is working fine. when i as root do: mount /mnt/camera, and i click on: /mnt/camera under 'devices' i can see and copy the photo-files on my computer. this is all under sarge, kernel 2.6. xxxxxx

so far so good.

when i connect canon eos 300D to usb, usb recognizes <and> the sony of my daughter <and> the canon eos 300D of my wife. but, when i try to mount the canon from the same usb-connection as the sony ('.....maybe this helps: you never know ...) i cannot mount the canon when i do as root /dev/sda1 etc. etc. etc. the whole story all over again.

MY QUESTION:
does anybody knows why sarge does not recognize a canon eos 300D, mounted on this way and *does* recognize a sony p 52 ??? this is nagging on my mind.

(of course i know that i can download  the canon-files with: $ gphoto2 -P).

(by the way: i did not yet change the module to be able to load the memory-card of the sony as $; something like chmod 555 etc. etc.)

your help is appreciated!!

k.r.,

groet'n

steef