Re: OOo startup - resolution

On Saturday 12 March 2005 16:39, Rob Bochan wrote:
> If I may interject for a moment here... I find it a shame (even ridiculous
> perhaps?) that OOo is window manager dependent for a process like this,

Personally, I find the idea of running without a window manager very strange.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems to me that window managers are separate for
architectural reasons, but not intended to be missing.  X on its own provides
less UI control than a modern console-based application; adding a window
manager provides just that: window management.  I don't think a locked-down,
kiosk-type interface requires the window manager functionality to be removed.

--
Lee.