Mouse stopped working with 2.6.8-2-386

Hi,

I recently apt-geted kernel-image-2.6.8-2-386 and then the mouse stopped working, it doesnt work in x, it says that all the devices i tried to set in XF86Config-4 is not valid, i tried /dev/psaux, /dev/mouse, /dev/input/mice and a few more but no luck.

I installed gpm to try and get that to work, but no luck their either, however, after the gpm install i get the following from dmesg:
input: PS/2 Generic Mouse on isa0060/serio1

But I cant seem to make X or gpm know its there. Any hints or ideas?

Best regards,
	Eric