MPEG Editing - Or, How Do I start Linux Video Studio?

Okay, I have some Mpeg movies I want to tinker with; editing, merging, etc. I installed linuxvideostudio. However, I am unable to get it to run. There seems to be no man page for it, no KDE menu item was created when it was installed, and just entering linuxvideostudio gives me "command not found". So how do I get this to work? Or are there better alternatives for movie editing that can simply be installed with apt-get?