pop-before-smtp postfix db3 error

Hi folks,

I've been trying to get pop-before-smtp working on my woody box, it all went well till I tried to use it. Postfix isn't able to read the created pop-before-smtp.db file created by pop-before-smtp.

After much googling, I discovered that it's likely that my perl (default woody 5.6.1) is using a version of berkeley db that postfix can't read.

(my postfix is a recently compiled version (2.1.5) in order to use courier-imap/mysql/sasl).

I had heard that woody used db2 but when I do:
apt-cache search berkeleydb
I get:
libberkeleydb-perl - Use Berkeley DB 3 databases from Perl
and it is installed.

The error message I'm getting in the log when postfix tries to read the db file is: fatal: open database /etc/postfix/pop-before-smtp.db: unknown error 4294936306

I am pulling my hair out trying to get this working, and I'm hoping someone can give me some suggestions.

rgds

Franki