Re: LI on boot

hi ya jon

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Jon Dowland wrote:

> Alvin Oga wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Tom Pfeifer wrote:
> >

> >>The versions of Lilo in both Woody and Sarge do not require a /boot
> >>partition for this purpose. Grub never did as far as I know.
> >>

> >what is in /boot/grub ??
> >
> >sure it does
> >

> /boot need not be a _partition_ for /boot/grub

yup... i originally missed the word "partition" prior to my reply,
but also lilo does not need /boot directory or partition
since it can put "vmlinuz" and the optional "intird" anywhere

	- however, if lilo references /vmlinuz  or /anyplace/vmlinuz,
	than that "/anyplace" partition needs to be under 512MB for
	old style bios ... new style bios wont care

loads of confusion for when you need /boot and when not
and when a partition or not ... :-)   it's ez once you waive
the magic wand

c ya
alvin