From: Karl E. Jorgensen [mailto:karl@jorgensen.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 2:01 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: How do i use a *remote* sound card

I'd like to be able to use a sound card on a different computer as if it
was local - is that possible at all?

Background:  As many others, I use a laptop. With speakers of rather
dubious quality.  As it happens, I have another box (my MythTV box)
which is connected to proper speakers.

So I imagine having a "sound card" in ALSA that really connects to the
real sound card on the remote computer - and voila, my radio listening
is suddenly bearable again...

Ideas anybody?

--
Karl E. Jørgensen