Re: SATA drive and the sata_nv module

Maybe this could help you
http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/topic-33473.html

Fernando

Michael S. Peek wrote:

Hello,

Before I ask, if there is a FAQ somewhere that explains how this all works,
I'm all ears.  It's been a very, very, very long time since I've messed with
Linux - the kernel had just become stable the last time I messed with it.  So
much has changed that I'm coming at this more as a newbie.

I have an MSI motherboard with an nForce SATA controller, with an attached
SATA drive.  I installed the latest Debian version of sarge.  The debian
installer found and used the SATA drive right away, with no problems.

Upon reboot, however, the system could not mount the SATA drive and prompted
me to enter the root password to enter a single-user maintenance mode.  I did,
and then added "sata_nv" to /etc/modules.  Perhaps this wasn't the correct way
to do it, but it worked.  After rebooting, the system was able to mount the
SATA drive on bootup and it finished it's installation/configuraiton.  (No
extra packages were installed, it's the barest of systems.)

Unfortunately, everytime I press a key, I see the following:

 nv_sata: Primary device added
 nv_sata: Primary device removed
 nv_sata: Secondary device added
 nv_sata: Secondary device removed

I see this for every keypress and every key release.  This is not only
annoying, but it fills up the screen to the point that I cannot see what I am
typing or editing.

Why is it doing this?  How do I make it stop?

Thanks for your help,

Michael Peek