Re: removing pcmcia wlan card Linksys WPC11v3 leads to kernel panic

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:20:21 +0100, Hendrik <henne-s@gmx.de> wrote:

>   Hi!
> Every time I remove my wireless lan card (Linksys WPC11 ver3 with Prism3

Like the doctor says, quit doing that! ;)  Is the interface up or down
when you do this?  Do you use cardctl or just yank the card?

> chipset) the system crashes and it says kernel panic. I'm running
> kernel 2.4.27 and linux-wlan-ng-0.2.1pre25 (both were compiled by me) on
> a Dell Inspiron 8200 notebook.
> I don't know whether this is a bug in the linux-wlan-ng drivers or in
> the kernel. The error message says something about sched.c (see the
> attachment).

The stack and call trace don't mean much to me (chances are, I don't
have the same exact kernel you have anyway).  Read BUG-HUNTING in the
linux Documentation directory for details.

> Thanks for any help in advance!

No problem =)

>         Hendrik

Thank you,