restore backup archive over network via ssh

Hi,

i backup my server to my desktop using afio. I then burn it to DVD also.
Now i'm thinking of how i can restore those archives without first copying them to the server again. I'm thinking of when the HD will crash one day and i need to restore it quickly. I would then boot from a livecd and start an ssh server so i can ssh in from my box and send the archives across. I can't seem to figure out what command i need to extract the afio archive on my box and send the files to the server. I can extract the archive and i can ssh to the server but tying these 2 together isn't working.

I can do a simple test with scp but that's only handy if you want to copy the archive over and not the content of the archive.
I googled around and can't seem to find anything specific.

Is this possible and how can i do it?

Thanks,
Benedict

--
Benedict Verheyen                   Debian User
http://www.heimdall.be              Public Key 0x712CBB8D