Re: JAMin is such a good idea, but it won't start

On Saturday 05 March 2005 00:30, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
wrote:
> Latest unstable distro, i just click it and nothing happens... At first it
> says it's starting, then nothing...
>
> I was so impressed when I read about the awesomeness of this program. But
> it won't work!

Maybe post to the linux audio list.

I have not tried it in a while. Make sure jackd is running, of course.

The paradigm of this program is live audio with no file in or out capability.
So you may play something with Xmms, feed that into a Jamin input, process
and then feed that to some output device. All this multi-process processing
eats CPU. Will not play on my system. A file->file filtering scheme certainly
would, even at live speed with monitoring.