Re: mouse problem

Kent West wrote:
Nikola Novakovic wrote:

I have a by look trivial problem. Can anyone help me with this?

I have problem with a PS/2 mouse in X. In XF86Config-4 file device for mouse is /dev/psaux and this device is the only one that works. console mouse is working just fine, without any problems. When I start X, the mouse is just running around, clicking things in random order. Any idea?
You basically have two mouse drivers; one for the console, and one for X.

If you only use the X driver, you probably have a correct configuration.

However, when using both drivers, you have to configure them to work together. Run "gpmconfig" (or edit /etc/gpm.conf and restart /etc/init.d/gpm) and specify the repeat type to be "ms3". Then reconfigure X to look at /dev/gpmdata for an Intellimouse mouse instead of at /dev/psaux for a PS/2 mouse.

That "working together" does that mean that you can copy/paste from X to console and vv.?