Re: move fr MS-Office to Openoffice

On Friday 04 March 2005 13:19, Jianan wrote:
> Hi,
> what you have suggested is what I am doing right now. This requires a
> dual-OS system. I intend to migrate over to Linux completely, and I have a
> lot of MS -Office files to handle. A batch process, as someone had
> suggested, is more appropriate.
>
> Jianan

All you need to do is to mount the Windows partition when using the Linux
system, and then copy the files into a directory on the Linux partition.  If
the Windows partition is VFAT then you could even edit them in place but you
can not do this reliably if the partition is NTFS.

There is no need to convert the file formats as OO will edit DOC files very
well.

David