From: Bram Bertels [mailto:Bram.Bertels@MCS.BE]
Sent: vrijdag 4 maart 2005 9:23
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Debian + apache2 + php + oracle

Hey,

I'm trying to install apache2 with php and oracle support on a debian
woody.

Everything is installed (with apt) except for the oci8 connection.

I found a package named: php4-oci8 - OCI8 module for php4

When I try to install this I get following response:

srvmcs03:/tmp# apt-get install php4-oci8 Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done Some packages could not be installed.
This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you
are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not
yet been created or been moved out of Incoming.

the package is simply not installable and a bug report against that
package should be filed.

  php4-oci8: Depends: oracleclient but it is not installable
E: Sorry, broken packages
srvmcs03:/tmp#

I used to have another problem there (Depends: zendapi-[numbers] but
that was fixed when I installed php from the same source)

Is there anyone who can help me?

Tnx,

Rodrigo

___
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to
blame.