Re: "Disk Full" warning

Robert Brockway wrote:
On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, John Orford wrote:

Hi,

Anyone know of an app which warns when your hard disk gets full - I often fill
up my hard disk, which causes KDE to bork.  Such a Gnome/KDE app would be
helpful.

Any mature network/system monitoring tool will do this.  We use Nagios
internal and on client sites.  It will send email alerts - you can even
send an SMS if you have an email2SMS gateway.

Rob

Nagios is cool but probably overkill for monitoring your own drive. Have you thought about
giving yourself a quota so you *can't* fill up the drive? Quota also sends a warning when
you are approaching your limit. Set your limit to a _near_ full drive and then you'll know
when you're close.

	-Eric

--
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."
	- Albert Einstein