Re: X config not written

Carl Fink wrote:
On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 03:27:21PM +0100, Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:

IMHO, it is a bug. Because I tried lots of things before putting
this on the list: one was to remove /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
entirely. And even then a new file did not appear.

The question is: if it is a bug, then of what? dpkg? dexconf? xserver?

In my ignorant opinion, xserver, because that'll have to be modified
to fix the problem.
just wanted to chip in and say I also think it's a bug -- esp if you forget that you've modified your XF86Config-4 manually! presumably this is a simple thing to fix, though I guess I deserve to be flamed for saying that without volunteering to fix it myself...

matt