OT Open source Windows terminal server?

Hi guys,

Just a quick question for the guru's here...

I've been installing Linux servers (usually Debian or Mandrake at present) into small biz as file servers/DHCP/MTA etc for some time now, but I've recently had a request I'm not sure I can help with.

The client has a big investment in Quickbooks, and quickbooks integrats into MSoffice, so they need to continue with both of those.. however they want to swap to a terminal services layout because Quickbooks was never really designed for network use (unlike something like SQL-ledger) and when there are dozens of people using it over the network (client/server), it gets really slow.

I have some small experiance with LTSP, but that isn't going to help much in this regards.

What I'd like to do is find a GPL alternative to buying Windows terminal server (They already have a Windows 2003 file server and run an NT domain style network, (don't look at me, I didn't set it up.)) Is there any GPL software that can perform the tasks required on a Windows server? I would then install and setup rdesktop on the clients and run Linux on all of them.

That way they could get the benefit of Windows terminal server, without the huge cost to them,, and I can swap all their desktops to light weight dumb terminals. And they can keep using Office and Quickbooks.

Does anyone have any ideas if what I am proposing is even possible?

In short, what I am asking is, Is there some GPL clone of Windows terminal services that will run on a windoze server, that can allow Windows apps to be run over the internal network from Linux based dumb terminals?

rgds

Franki