Problems running jackd as non root user

I'm trying to get ardour running. It requires jackd, and also requires that
jackd be run as the same user it is to be run as.

I've built a new 2.6.10 kernel using kernel-package, installed it and biited.
The I downloaded teh realtime-lsm source package built it and modprobed the
resultant module. Yhis seemed to go OK. I used:

modprobe realtime gid=29. Now lsomd shows the modules as loaded:

stan@yogi:/usr/share/doc/kernel-package$ lsmod | grep real
realtime                4752  0
commoncap               5504  1 realtime

But if  I try to start jackd with:

jackstart --realtime --driver=alsa

I get the following:

jackstart: cannot get realtime capabilities, current capabilities are:
           =ep cap_setpcap-ep
		   probably running under a kernel with capabilities disabled,
		   a suitable kernel would have printed something like "=eip"

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong Terror
- New York Times 9/3/1967