Re: Konqueror and Firefox both loading when clicking links

On Sunday 27 February 2005 11:04, Rhys Hardwick wrote:
> I have a problem.  I recently changed my default hmtl viewer from within
> control centre to Firefox.  Now, whenever I click on a link in
> Thunderbird, Konqueror opens, does not open the page, and Firefox also
> loads and displays the page I want.  Is there anyway to modify this
> behaviour so that only Firefox loads?

Sounds like you've setup konqueror as the http handler, but set the html file
association to firefox.  So it loads up firefox to check the url you give it,
sees that it's html, and runs firefox on it as you've requested.

Open up KDE's control centre, set the html file association back to konqueror
(both app, and embedded viewer), and then use component chooser, right beside
the file associations in KDE Components, to choose firefox as your
webbrowser.

--
Lee.