Re: Setting MTU size for ppp0

Hmm, that rule is setup (was done by pppoeconf upon configuration).

Actually, everything seems to be fine, except that the machine behind linux can´t
open or ping www.ebay.de / or www.ebay.com.
Other randomly picked sites work just fine.

On the linux (router) machine I can open ebay in a browser, but I cannot ping www.ebay.de
from the router machine.

I am "guessing" on MTU size, since pppoeconf and some other how-tos recommend to decrease to 1412 if the machine is used as a router and is doing masquerading.

However, first priority question was, if somebody knows which daemons and/or scripts
could be interfering when setting MTU size for ppp0. I don´t know if the mentioned
"clamp-mss" rule could be the reason.

thanks in advance for the help,