Re: Setting MTU size for ppp0

On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 02:23 +0100, Sven Nielsen wrote:
> This perhaps needs a little more in-depth knowledge:
>
> I am trying to limit MTU size on ppp0 to below 1492 (that is,
[snip]

> Is some other script overriding my attempts ?
>
> The reason I want to limit MTU is also a special one. My rommmate
> gets access to every page, EXCEPT ebay!, and

What error does he get?

> I (randomly) guess this to be connected with MTU size. If I am

Random guessing is so close to rank stupidity.

When you're a newbie, and you don't know where to start, ask.

"Help!  I'm such a newbie, I don't even know what to Google for."
We say, "Ok, been there, understand."

> wrong I will have to dig for some other reason,
> but this is another problem to be solved later.

If *you* can access ebay, but he can not, then it can *not* be an
MTU issue.  Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to access ebay, either.

So, can you access ebay?  You never told us.

> Anybody any clue why setting MTU is ignored ??
>
> Thanks for the help !
>
> PS: I am a newbie, although sitting at my machine 24/7 the last
> two weeks did help a little to dig into my new
> wunderful linux :-) . BTW, using Ubuntu AMD64 (in native 64bit-
> mode) with self-compiled 2.6.x kernel.

Congratulations!

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Go not unto the Usenet for advice, for you will be told both
yea and nay (and quite a few things that just have nothing at
all to do with the question)."
Unknown