RE: why swap is important?

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 17:04 -0800, Gilbert, Joseph wrote:
> If Debian runs out of memory space, it will arbitrarily start killing
> processes to clear up memory.  This has unpredictable and possibly
> catastrophic consequences.

*Debian* does no such thing.  *Linux* does it.

That's a big, fat important distinction.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

No matter how hard women work, train, excersize (and some of the
woment in the Olympics were *muscular*), lose body fat, or get
Title IX money, (the population of athletic) women will *never*
be faster, stronger or better at sports(*) than (the population
of athletic) men. (*Excluding "small sports" like darts.) It's
just how men and women have evolved. Deal with it.