Re: C-Media 8738 ALSA problems

That version seems to have been removed from the repository, at least my aptitude show only 1.0.8-1 and 1.0.8-2(unstable, but I've already tried using it anyway)

Downgranding doesn't seem to me like a solution, it used to work and now is broken. I'd like to find what is wrong and maybe open a bug with the alsa developers.