compile a driver under 2.6 kernel

Hi,

Maybe someone has posted it before, it so hard to search the archive.
When I try to compile a driver under sarge (kernel 2.6.8-13), it
complains"no header file".  There is no version.h in /usr/include. In
/usr/src/linux/include, there are only directories, no .h files. Any idea?
In other distribution, after you install kernel-source package, then you
can compile a driver or mudule. But in debian, I have problems under 2.4
and kernel 2.6. Thanks!

Regards!

Jianbo