Re: where do I get nvidia sources?

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 17:01 +0000, Pollywog wrote:
> I just installed Debian Sarge on a machine that was running Xandros and since
> I have not had to install nvidia drivers in quite some time, I am confused by
> what I am seeing.  I can't seem to find the nvidia driver sources.
>
> I am running kernel 2.6.8-1-386, the kernel that was installed by the Debian
> installer.
>

> slider:/etc/apt# apt-get install nvidia-kernel-source nvidia-kernel-common
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Package nvidia-kernel-source is not available, but is referred to by another
> package.
> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> is only available from another source
> E: Package nvidia-kernel-source has no installation candidate

$ aptitude show nvidia-kernel-source
Package: nvidia-kernel-source
New: yes
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 1.0.6629+1-2
 This package builds the NVIDIA XFree86 4.x binary kernel module needed
by nvidia-glx. The drivers provide optimized hardware acceleration of
OpenGL applications via a
 direct-rendering X Server and support the TNT, TNT2, TNT Ultra, The
GeForce series, nForce, and Quadro chipsets. AGP, TV-out, and flat panel
displays are also supported.

 PLEASE read /usr/share/doc/nvidia-kernel-source/README.Debian for
building information.

looks like it is in non-free.

-matt zagrabelny