Re: newbie-more questions

ajtiM wrote:

> Again me :)
>
> On SuSE i have in in the /opt KDE, GNOME... in Debian is empty. What
> program should i install here? Real Player? On Debian i have
> also /initrd which is also empty?

You should rely on on the Debian package management system (dpkg, apt-get, etc) to install and manage software packages when possible (which is always). It would place things at the right places automatically, and it should not need /opt in general. If you want to install some software without using the Debian package system (for whatever reason), you might want to place it under /opt to avoid messing up your system.

> On SUSE i use SuSE Firewall and before GuardDog. Are there firewalls for
> Debian which are not so difficult to configured?

I would suggest Firestarter for easy and simple firewall configuration and management. Install it using synaptic, aptitude, apt-get or whatever you prefer using.

Regards,

Andro