Re: newbie-questions

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 04:30:50PM -0500, ajtiM wrote:
> I have some questions: on SuSE i use two mailers - Pine and KMail. I
> installed Sarge from DVD and there are no Pine. It is possible that i
> download Pine from Woody site?

No.  IIRC, Debian does not package pine due to licensing issues.
Another poster has provided information on an unofficial package
repository where you can get pine, but I would suggest that you give
mutt (or elm, I suppose) a try first if you haven't already done so.
Debian's mutt package even includes a configuration file in
/usr/share/doc/mutt/examples/Pine.rc which will give you pine-like
keybindings in mutt so you don't have to relearn everything.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that