Re: My System Freezes

Good afternoon!

> > I run a Debian Woody release version 3.0 and Apache on it. The System
> > Freezes in a day or two and needs a restart every time. I would like to
> > know what all the possibilities that can be checked. Once the system is
> > restarted, it is working fine.
> > Thank you in advance.
> > Sincerely yours,
> > Murali.

An embarrassing anecdote to share. My 600 MHz screamer started to freeze
up around Christmas time. No idea what caused it. Did it under Win98,
Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu. So, not software...then RAM started to complain.
None of the chips passed the memtest86 test....The box only stayed "up"
for a few hours...

Answer: can you say NEW CPU FAN?

Rob