Question on the new offical debian packages and apt

As I understand it there are now Official Packages for Mplayer... how do I
ensure that I keep getting the latest from marillat?

I have the repository in my sources.list, but I am concerned about it
pulling the one from Debian Official if the Debian Official Version is
newer than marilat's. Or a better question: if the version numbers are
the same, which is pulled?

I am well aware that apt will pull the deb with the highest version number;
but I am unsure what apt does if the version number on the official servers
and a third-party repository are identical

--
My Lord, imagine this:  "I'm sorry Professor Einstein, you can't work here, you
are a smoker."

This is what happens when small men make big choices. -- Buzz of ASP