bug of pentium-builder?

After installing fglrx 8.10.19 driver from ati, I found that the kernel
module fglrx wasn't built properly as supposed. So, I tried to build it
manually,
/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod# sh make.sh
ATI module generator V 2.0
==========================
initializing...
cleaning...
patching 'highmem.h'...
assuming new VMA API since we do have kernel 2.6.x...
doing Makefile based build for kernel 2.6.x and higher
Makefile:50: *** mixed implicit and normal rules.  Stop.
build failed with return value 2

I found this was what make complained about in the Makefile:
%.GCC$(GCC_VER_MAJ):
  @ln -s ../$@

Not much experience in writing complicated makefile, so it gave me
no idea what was wrong.

I have pentium-builder installed, for some reason, it occured to
me that it could be the cause. So, I unlinked the symbolic link
/usr/bin/gcc -> /usr/bin/builder-cc, and pointed gcc
to /usr/bin/gcc-3.3.

Then, fglrx module built correctly!

/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod# sh make.sh
ATI module generator V 2.0
==========================
initializing...
cleaning...
patching 'highmem.h'...
assuming new VMA API since we do have kernel 2.6.x...
doing Makefile based build for kernel 2.6.x and higher
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.8-p4-smp/build
SUBDIRS=/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.8'
  Building modules, stage 2.
  MODPOST
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.8'
build succeeded with return value 0
duplicating results into driver repository...
done.
You must change your working directory to /lib/modules/fglrx
and then call ./make_install.sh in order to install the built module.

So, is this a bug of pentium-builder or something else?

Lei