docbook2html terribly slow

Hi List,

This is about my first steps with docbook et al...

I am using debian sarge, agt-get update && apt-get upgrade done today.

After 'apt-get install <a lot of stuff>', compiling a simple docbook
source works! Good work -- I tried this to no avail on suse linux.

However, it is SLOW! Consider this trivial example I took from some
tutorial:

<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN">
<article>

<articleinfo>
<title>XML rules the world!</title>
</articleinfo>

<section>
<title>XML and DocBook do it together</title>

<para>DocBook and XML are the golden twins
of the 21st certury !</para>

</section>
</article>

Compiling this file on a Pentium-III at 450 MHz takes three minutes(!).
It does not matter whether I do docbook2html or docbook2tex...

Is this normal? If yes, this is pretty much unusable. I mean, you need
to compile your document from time to time in a normal development
cycle?

$ time docbook2html other.xml
Using catalogs: /etc/sgml/catalog
Using stylesheet: /usr/share/docbook-utils/docbook-utils.dsl#html
Working on: /tmp/other.xml
Done.

real    3m0.658s
user    2m42.106s
sys     0m17.643s

$ time docbook2tex other.xml
Using catalogs: /etc/sgml/catalog
Using stylesheet: /usr/share/docbook-utils/docbook-utils.dsl#print
Working on: /tmp/other.xml
Done.

real    3m1.601s
user    2m41.905s
sys     0m17.946s
--
ASCII ribbon campaign - against proprietary email attachments
()         "Why do people assume that everyone has         ()