Re: Help Xserver-Xfree86

John Fleming wrote:

[snipped...]

I've tried quite a few different parameters with dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86, but they all result in the same behavior.

Anyone else experienced this that could give me clue where the problem(s) might be and/or other ways to try configuring etc? Would a 2.6 kernel be smarter about this?

I was having some problems configuring XFree86 at the weekend for a
nVidia card and a flat display. In the end I just booted in to Knoppix
and copied the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file and now X works fine.

If nothing else works, you could try that.

Cheers,

--
bob [at] bobarnott [dot] com                   http://www.bobarnott.com/
"Crash programs fail because they are based on theory that,