Re: how to use the xcircuit

On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 01:08:34PM -0600, Kent West wrote:
   > Kenneth Jacker wrote:
   >
   > > belahcene> I ve just installed the  xcircuit ,
   > > belahcene> but the menu on the top bar doesn't give any thing.
   > > belahcene> It open the main window with in right side the tools , but no
   > > belahcene> posibility to save file, or to read ??
   > >
   > >[sarge/testing; xcircuit-3.1.19-1]
   > >
   > >My 'xcircuit' works fine.
   > >

   > I installed it from Sid, and had the same problem as the OP. (I've since
   > purged it.)

Since the version in sid also trails behind the upstream version, I
stopped using it. Downloading the source and compiling it is a breeze. I
even use checkinstall to make a deb of it and distribute it amongst my
colleagues.

$ apt-cache policy xcircuit
xcircuit:
  Installed: 3.3.9-1
  Candidate: 3.3.9-1
  Version Table:
 *** 3.3.9-1 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     3.1.19-1 0
        900 http://ftp.debian.org testing/main Packages
         95 http://ftp.debian.org unstable/main Packages

HTH,

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

... the heat come 'round and busted me for smiling on a cloudy day.