Re: a conflict wxPython

| When I do dpkg -l wxPython2.5.3 it shows that it is installed.
|
| However, If I go into the python screen mode and enter
|
|   import wx
|   wx.VERSION
|   (2, 4, 2, 4, '')
|
| Why am I not seeing the 2.5.3 version?

  At the python command prompt ....

  >>> wx.__file__

  will return the path of the imported package ....

  Check the contents of the wx.pth file
  in the site-packages dir of the python version
  that you're using ....

  For example ....

     /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wx.pth

  The contents of this file provide the default path
  for the wx dir to be used for imports ....

  wxpython2.5 also has a mechanism that allows
  the selection of different versions of wx ....

  Some usage info for this
  is in the file ....

    /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxversion.py

--
Stanley C. Kitching
Human Being