Re: Debian/Ubuntu and the user-friendliness

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 08:58:31AM -0600, Rodney Richison wrote:
> Am d/l ing it as we speak.  Why?  Same reason I went thru mepis with a
> fine tooth comb. To steal ideas of course.  :)
uh... RMS made that unnessary! We give it all away... at low,low prices!

> I do want to compliment ubuntu on the faq's/howto's sections and the
> unofficial howto site.  VERY usefull.
It a great project and idea.

> As for using something other than straight debian on my own desktop?  No
> thanks. Been there, done that. They all break apt-get or make it hard to
> do this or do that etc..
> Since I run servers and desktops on debian, one distro, does everything.
> I am actually confused why people would use any other distro...
folks say: learn linux...try all the distros and then settle on Debian!

> I'd like to learn to make debian packages. At first glance, it looks
> like I'm going to have to set aside some time for it though. It kinda
> looks like rocket science..   I'm rambling now, so I'll shut up.  :)

Here is a well know link for that:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-debpkg.html
cheers,
-Kev
--
counter.li.org #238656 -- goto counter.li.org and be counted!

        (__)
        (oo)
  /------\/
 / |    ||