Re: awstats: new cron job?

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 03:52:35PM +0000, michael wrote:
> okay, I thought i'd play with awstats but after a 'apt-get install
> awstats' I couldn't find the man pages, then read up that it's for stats
> for a web server (whereas I wanted to just put logs from another web
> server through it to get more stats), so I then 'apt-get remove awstats'
> but I still see this in my syslog... any idea how to get rid off it?
>
> Feb 18 15:50:01 localhost CRON[14107]: (pam_unix) session opened for
> user www-data by (uid=0)
> Feb 18 15:50:01 localhost CRON[14107]: (pam_unix) session closed for
> user www-data

With 'dpkg-query -L awstats' you can see which files a package
installs. But that only seems to works when you've still got that
package installed.

The way you removed it the config files remain in the system. Try this
command:

apt-get --purge remove awstats

That should do the trick. In case of failure manually remove the file
/etc/cron.d/awstats

But the Debian way is via apt-get. :)

Public GnuPG key: keyserver.net ID 0x1735C5C2
"Let your advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
 - Winston Churchill