XVIDEO problem after reinstalling sarge

I decided to try to lose some of my worse newbie errors and reinstall Sarge from scratch.

Before the reinstall, apps such as tvtime or xine were fine.

Now, when I run tvtime I get the following error:

Xvoutput: No XVIDEO port found which supports YUY2 images.

The video card is an ATI 3D RAGE PRO AGP 2X  I’ve rerun dpkg-reconfigure to ensure that X is using an ATI driver, and it is.

I don’t understand why this is not working now, when it was before.  The card hasn’t changed, both installs were done using the same Sarge net installer.  Google throws up references to GATOS drivers which may help solve the problem, but I didn’t have them installed before, so I don’t see why I should require them now.

Any ideas or pointers to FM’s?

Phil

This email has been sent from KPMG LLP, a UK limited liability partnership, or from one of the companies within its control (which include KPMG Audit Plc , KPMG United Kingdom Plc and KPMG UK Limited). The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing KPMG client engagement letter.