Re: PPP: VJ decompression error

Bob Alexander wrote:
What are these errors I get when connected through my GPRS modem ? Can fix them ?

TIA,
Bob

Feb 15 18:34:54 localhost kernel: PPP: VJ decompression error
Feb 15 18:35:21 localhost last message repeated 10 times
Feb 15 18:36:41 localhost last message repeated 14 times
Feb 15 18:37:38 localhost last message repeated 18 times
Feb 15 18:37:48 localhost last message repeated 2 times

I get those too. I've asked this question before and got no answers. I get them with att.net.mx as isp.

There is an option for pppd: novj: Disable Van Jacobson style TCP/IP header compression in both the transmit and the receive direction.

When you set that you won't get them. But I want to know what it means that I get the error: the isp doesn't send VJ compressed headers? Is trying to send them and gets it wrong? At&t boasts that it uses some sort of windoze compression scheme, is that what is causing the errors?

It could also be that you are asking the wrong list and should ask it on a ppp related one.