Re: Setting up a local mirror

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 08:27:58PM -0500, Bill Marcum wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 10:56:16AM +0200, John Oxley wrote:
> > I apologise if this has been covered before.  I have searched the
> > archives and have not found any docs to help me out.
> >
> > I am sysadmining a company with about 20 linux boxes, currently
> > running RedHat 7.3.  I am running Debian Sarge on my personal machine.
> >
> > What I want to do is turn my personal machine into a local mirror so
> > when I go home at night, I do "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" then
> > in the morning I update the package lists from all the other machines.
>
> Try apt-move.

I've been reading this with a view to solving a related problem.
I use apt-proxy to keep a local cache of the stuff that I install
on several machines, but apt-proxy is a special problem for the
people trying to release Sarge. Can I use apt-move for a replacement
of apt-proxy? Apt-proxy does its thing quite nicely under Woody
without any attention from me. What I read about apt-move leads me
to believe that I will have to actively manage the resulting local
repository.

TIA

--
Paul E Condon