Re: (Child) Locking the CD tray in software

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:49:38 -0500
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:

> Nazri Ramliy wrote:
> > My 15 months old amuses himself by opening and closing the CDROM
> > tray on my box by pressing the eject button, waits for the tray to
> > come out, then  pushes it back in.  He does this over and over.

How about just keeping the kid away from the PC altogether? You might
think the CD drive thing cute, but you won't be laughing when it hits
the reset button or starts pulling cables. Won't be too cute either when
it shoves something down the floppy drive or vomits all over it.