Re: 2.6.8 kernel cant find /dev/psaux

Ray Curd wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have been running 2.4.24 kernel using KDE3.2 and everything was fine, I then installed the 2.6.8 kernel with no problems or error messages and the system boots up ok but when I startx it fails with an error message - cannot open /dev/psaux and - no core pointer. Since all was OK before can anyone give me any pointers what may be going wrong.

All help will be appreciated,

Ray Curd.

I'm running 2.6.10 and mine works ok, so I can't help trouble shoot your specific problem. But, I seem to recall that mousedev and some other module need to get added to /etc/modules to get loaded on boot. Take a look at your /usr/share/doc/kernel-image-2.6.8/* stuff for tips.

good luck

paul