Re: yay!

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 02:10 -0500, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> Matthew Joyce wrote:
> > mat@mail:~$ uptime
> >  16:21:41 up 397 days,  9:03,  1 user,  load average: 0.11, 0.04, 0.01
> >

> Are you running a 2.0 kernel?  I ask because I know that there have been
> quite a few vulnerabilites disclosed and fixed in the 2.2, 2.4, and 2.6
> kernels in the last 397 days.  Or is that a non-Linux system?

That's only 13 months ago, so it very easily could be a 2.2 or
even a 2.4 kernel.

If it sits behind good firewalls and is only used by 1 person as
a workstation, and doesn't have any un-necessary daemons running,
many/most of those vulnerabilities aren't so critical.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

The graduate with a Science degree asks, "Why does it work?"
The graduate with an Engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"
The graduate with an Accounting degree asks, "How much will it
cost?"
The graduate with a Liberal Arts degree asks, "Do you want fries
with that?"