Hand on lilo install

When doing an apt-get install lilo the install hangs on the following:

Running lilo...

Reference:  disk "/dev/hdb"  (3,64)  0340

LILO wants to assign a new Volume ID to this disk drive. However, changing the Volume ID of a Windows NT, 2000, or XP boot disk is a fatal Windows error.
This caution does not apply to Windows 95 or 98, or to NT data disks.

Is the above disk an NT boot disk? [Y/n]n

Whether I say Y or n (although there is no Windows partition on this computer) it just stays there and never moves on. Only by issuing a Ctrl+C can I exit out.

What do I need to do to get lilo to install?

Curtis