Re: trying to remove a module

Hello,

I'm trying to remove the ipv6 module, but am running into all sorts of
troubles trying to do so.

When I run lsmod, it tells me:
ipv6                  262912  6

The Used by column has an entry of 6 - does that mean 6 other modules
are using this ipv6 module? In which case, how come the module names
aren't listed?

How do I find out what is using this module?

I've tried `lsof | grep -i v6`, but it comes up empty handed.

I just can't work out what's using it and how to get rid of it!

Additionally, how do I go about making sure this module isn't loaded on
next reboot?

I've edited /etc/modutils/aliases and uncommented the line:
alias net-pf-10 off
but that hasn't made any difference.

I've made sure I have no programmes listening on an ipv6 address by
running netstat.

How can I stop ipv6 from being loaded without resorting to deleting the
actual module??

All help much appreciated.

Hamster.

Did you run update-modules after you changed /etc/modutils/aliases?

**