Re: 64 bits questions...

Thanks guys for your help. So I am going to buy an
Acer for sure (probably the ferrari 3400) and try
first the 64 bits version. If I don t like it, I will
switch to a 32 bits until 64 is fully official.

>http://www.intel.com/products/server/processors/server/xeon/
> Apparently faster than the Itanium.
> > 3.60 GHz. And this one too is meant for servers!
> Hz isn't an accurate measure of speed. Just to be
> sure I'm not lying, please
> send me a 1.5GHz G5 (I would say UltraSPARC IV, but
> the support hardware is too
> expensive for those) and a 4.0GHz P4 and I'll send
> back the P4.
I would definitely do the same ;) but unfortunately ,
no G5 on laptop yet and probably not for another year.

Thanks

Manu

--- David Mandelberg <mandelbergd@eth0.is-a-geek.org>

[http://www.intel.com/products/server/processors/server/itanium2/]
> , it's meant
> >  for servers. And, look, it only goes up to 1.6
> GHz.
> >
> > Hmm, taking a closer look and I found Xeon!

http://www.intel.com/products/server/processors/server/xeon/
> Apparently faster than the Itanium.
> > 3.60 GHz. And this one too is meant for servers!
> Hz isn't an accurate measure of speed. Just to be
> sure I'm not lying, please
> send me a 1.5GHz G5 (I would say UltraSPARC IV, but
> the support hardware is too
> expensive for those) and a 4.0GHz P4 and I'll send
> back the P4.

name=signature.asc