Re: renaming already ripped wav files with CDDB

On Feb 13 2005, Alexandru Cabuz wrote:
> Here is the scenario. I sometimes take my laptop over to friends houses
> to rip music to my hard drive, but not having an internet connection, I
> just rip wav files without naming them. They are just track01.wav,
> track02.wav... etc.
>
> Then I come back home and I want to rename them, using CDDB.
>
> But how do I do that?

Use a package named easytag. It has the ability of doing CDDB searches for
files. It's not very intuitive, but it works wonderfully.

Do you plan on encoding these files to MP3 or something else? easytag can
also fill the tags for you, after the files are encoded.

> One idea was to create an iso image file of the CD from the wav files, and
> then mount it and perhaps try to run a CDDB enabled ripping utility on that.

I don't know if you plan on using the ripped files to burn a new CD, but
I'd recommend cdrdao for that task. Just create a text file with the proper
format (see its man page for details) and give it to cdrdao. It's quite an
easy task.

Hope this helps, Rogério.

--
Learn to quote e-mails decently at: