Gamma corrections on xfree86-4.3.0.dfsg.1-10

I have recently installed the Debian package "links2" and dutifully
worked my way through the help page for adjusting the gamma settings
that affect the display produced by my monitor.

After adjusting contrast, brightness and gamma corrections for red,
green and blue (as directed), I hit the final recommendation - which
reads:

If you have got an X Server that supports built-in software gamma
correction, switch this gamma correction completely off. You will get a
better picture.

Back to Square One.

Does the Sarge-installed X Server support built-in software gamma
correction?

Felix Karpfen
--
Felix Karpfen