unable to lose wallet!

I'm puzzled.  I have some elements of kde installed, but only to run
kile and konqueror and quanta+ (okay, I do play a few of the k games
occasionally too).  I gave up the kdewm ages back in favour of icewm.
Recently, a pest called kwallet keeps popping up and needing to be
cancelled every time I log onto a url requiring a password.  Now it
has become very insistent and prevents transmission of my password
whenever I cancel it, so I cannot log on with a password anywhere using
konqueror.  So I did apt-get remove kwalletmanager.  But it is still
there.  How to kill it?  Any ideas?

TIA

--
richard