Re: Kmail & GPG: need help in setting up

On Friday February 11 2005 06:20, Don wrote:
> I was not able to install the "OpenPGP part of Ägypten II" per the howto
> page...
> seems libksba was missing another error file or something (don't have the
> name handy) and aborted the make.  So that is one problem I need to
> resolve.  It does not compile according to the howto page instructions.
> Ver. 0.9.9 was obtained from the site listed on the howto page.  Didn't
> need to do this install before when I was using earlier KDE and kmail -- is
> it needed now?

You don't really need to compile anything. There are perfectly good packages,
for which the apt.sources line is:

deb http://smurf.noris.de/code/debian/ experimental smurf

Those have been waiting for inclusion in the official debian releases for far
over a year by now.

Installing gnupg2 and getting gpg-agent to run (which is a terrible hack, but
should be documented in every self-respecting HOWTO on the topic) should be
enough to get "good" GPG support in KMail. I also posted a script for use in
an X session some time back, just search the archives.

If you ask me, the gpg-agent solution still sucks and blows, but there you go.
HTH.

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de